Sunday, November 11, 2012

RENDU RELLU AARU (1985) - TELUGU


Just can't say it's a laugh riot, but it's not a bad one either. Good and definitely watchable.

It's the story of mistaken identities, and I am not sure if the story is original or just taken from somewhere and built it's nativity, but is a good one. 

Now, we have two characters in Sadguna Rao (Chandramohan) and Madhav Rao (Rajendra Prasad) and both are in love with girls and both get married respectively. Ok, most of it is predictable but it's not just a simple un entertaining love story, we got Jandhyala at the helm as Director and now he turns it in his own way and creates characters who are eccentric, different and mostly memorable. Like, Srilakshmi, trying to learn singing to please her husband, Sutti Veerabhadra Rao. Wow, that was a memorable act and my favourite one too. 

Ok technically, Jandhyala's films are not great, like cinematography, art direction or even sound, they are just as they are and it's his dialogue and his characterisation that keeps us glued for the most of the time. And even in this film his dialogue alone stands out. 

And yes, acting is good by Rajendra Prasad and Chandramohan and my favourite was Srilakshmi, the way Jandhyala used her is many of his movies, is just unforgettable, and few others even emulated him, like EVV Satyanarayana.

I am going with 3/5 for a good movie and yes a one time watch for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche