Monday, February 15, 2016

THE TWO TOWERS (2002) - ENGLISH

The adventure is poised and rightly so gets more fascinating. 

This is the second film of the trilogy and adds up more elements to the story. There are newer characters and few old ones seem to have been rested, for good. Yet, the fascination does not stop and it gets more engaging with this one. 

I am actually happy revisiting these films as I seem to understand more points about the story than I did earlier. I cannot put them here and become a spoiler as I am an ardent fan of the Lord of the Rings. Rather, I can say that everyone must see why this is one of the finest fantasies brought alive on celluloid.

The fellowship of the earlier film is split and yet each one is in the same pursuit. Their ways are different now, but the goal is still the same. The characterisations are still consistent and it makes it easier to understand the intention of each one. Also, it makes the story all the more fascinating. 

I love the technical aspects of the film, and that's one of the very reasons why this fantasy is highly appreciated. The visuals, the sound, the whole landscape. It seems so unreal and yet is so very connected. Peter Jackson is a genius who brought the whole middle earth in front of our eyes and yet everything seems like it existed at one point of time in reality. Also, he knows when to end and what to do with the material at hand.  That's where his genius is. This film takes off from a good point and lands at a very wonderful point, making us more eager to be on the next adventure.

It's a 5/5 for this one and is one of the greatest films and adventures ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche