Wednesday, January 11, 2017

DANGAL (2016) - HINDI

An emotional journey for me as a film viewer.

I cannot say that I loved this film so much that I would watch it over and over again. But yes, I definitely liked it and would recommend this too. I was totally emotional while watching it. Each scene just raked up the emotion and took me to a high. Since Taare Zameen Par, I suppose this is Aamir Khan’s most emotional film. I did not see three of his other films and I did not like “3 Idiots” very much and he was very limited in “Dhobi Ghat”

I confess I did not see “Talaash”, “Dhoom 3” or “PK” and I pledged myself never to be watching these as neither the trailers nor the word of mouth of these films lured me enough to watching.

"Dangal" is not a film of Aamir Khan alone. It’s a film of a wrestler father, his daughters, his family’s struggles and their journey together.  would rather say this is a film of Mahavir Singh Phogat and his journey with his daughters. The film is inspirational for sure and though I came to know the story through Aamir Khan’s TV show “Satyamev Jayate”, the depiction of these real people is wonderful. Few scenes I must say are brilliant and touching that I could not hold myself back and let the tears roll in emotions. Eyes welled up quite a few times all through the film and that I believe is the true achievement of a director. Nitesh Tiwari translated a known story with authenticity to the screen. From the wrestling bouts to the home of Mahavir Singh including his office I thought the art direction and set design were superb. The choreography of the wrestling bouts awed me.
One scene that I would love to mention (I hope I am not spoiling the fun) is the bout between the daughter and father.

Aamir Khan for me is a true nationalist. He proved this time and again from “Safarosh” to “Lagaan” to “Mangal Pandey” to “Rang De Basanti” to “Taare Zameen Par” and he does it yet again. The performance of the daughters that is of the younger kids and the youthful girls is worth an applause.

A 4/5 for this film. There are overwhelming emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche