Wednesday, January 4, 2017

HACKSAW RIDGE (2016) - ENGLISH

Terrific film about an incredible man. 

The is a film made on honorable Desmond Doss. An incredible person, who was a warrior without a weapon. A savior who did not trigger a bullet in a war. The story of the man is so terrific that it would have been great however it is made. I believe even an interview from Desmond would have been supremely interesting too. But here is a film made by another incredible director Mel Gibson.

Invariably, comparisons with many other World War 2 films will be coming into the mind as this follows the path trodden by those films in one way or other. Be it the background of the protagonist, the framing of war scenes. Glimpses of these are seen already in other war films. Yet, this is different. This is different in character and different in context. 

Desmond Doss won a war without holding a weapon and showed immense bravery on the war field to save lives of people. I did not feel there was melodrama in Desmond's ways of doing it but screenplay adds some chronology to the events and highlights the important events that have shaped his character. Perhaps some events are depicted to elevate the reasoning of the character and this is absolutely fine.

The cinematography is top notch and the background score is terrific. From bullets to screams and to silences, everything is extremely detailed and captured meticulously.

Kudos to all the actors and Andrew Garfield has come a long way since "Social Network". This was a revelation of Andrew for me. He is sure going to go a long way if he sticks to good content.

Mel Gibson, I suppose made the best movie yet of his life. I am giving a 4/5 for this terrific story of a terrific human being who is not fictitious but real. Guys, he was one amongst us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche