Tuesday, February 21, 2017

ZODIAC (2007) - ENGLISH



Man is the most dangerous animal - A line in the film. 

All humans are perverts - David Fincher.

Oh did Fincher really say that? Well, I did hear him in a video saying this and I do second him on that. About the line in the film, it's a line in the cipher by Zodiac. OK, this film is not about zodiac signs in any which way but about a killer whose name is Zodiac. There existed an animal with  the name "Zodiac" and he did murder in 1960's and 70's. 

This is a scene by scene heart wrenching film where one scene is difficult to handle emotionally than the earlier one. It's a drama that's heart wrenching and a psycho thriller that's like slow poison. We are made to sit and savor the poison and actually it tests a lot of patience being 2 and half hours long before it actually kills us.

Performances by Jake Gylenhall and Robert Downey Jr. stand out while all other played their part well. Fincher has a way of extracting great performances and he shows his skill through the film. Music played a part in the film and music was driven by the characters. Cinematography and production design were good and set the mood well. The mood was terrific all through the film and the variations of camera angles, the music, the emotions, everything came together in nearly every scene of the film. 

Thanks to Fincher for giving me Zodiac and a 4/5 for a good thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I firstly declare here that all the content written in the blog is exclusively written by me and I hold the copyrights of each and everything. Be it a poem or a movie review. Also, the videos or photographs I upload or attach are exclusively owned by me. This declaration is important in a world that seems so worried of piracy. The prime purpose of these blogs is to put my writings and photographs on the net. and well to start with.... I live in my mind, and existence is the attempt to bring my thoughts into physical reality, I celebrate myself, sing myself and I am always happy in my own company.....I am not the best in the world but I strive for excellence and thats what keeps me alive... Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself--Friedrich Nietzsche